Gmail Peeper for Windows
Gmail Peeper is a free desktop Gmail program that provides an attractive and simple way to check for new e-mail messages without opening your browser. It is using Gmail RSS feed to retrieve the new mails from the server. Gmail Peeper is silently running in the system tray and is very light on system resources. You can specify the time interval for checking new emails and enable/disable an option to start it with every time with Windows.
Gmail Notifier for Windows is available in Spanish, English, German and Estonian language and works on Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP. If you are interested in translating Gmail Peeper to your language, please use the contact form to reach me.
Please note that the development of Gmail Peeper is deprecated. It works but won't receive updates.
- Enable/disable running application at startup
- Minimize to tray
- Automatically check for new messages
- Counter of unread emails
- Fast and easy login
- Windows System Tray alerts
- Sound notification
- Specify time interval for checking new emails
- Malware, adware and spyware free
Version: 1.5 (latest)
- Fixed sound notification bug
- Fixed crash when checking new e-mails from system tray
- Added sound alert when receiving new email
- Added tray icon alert when receiving new email (the icon turns into blue when you have unread email)
- Only one program instance allowed to run to avoid conflicts
- Are you in any way associated with Google? – No, in no way whatsoever, Gmail Peeper is using RSS feed to retrieve the new mails
- Do I have to enable IMAP or POP from Gmail settings? – No. Gmail Peeper using Gmail secure feed instead of POP or IMAP
- Can I use Gmail Peeper for other email services that support POP or IMAP than Gmail? – No. Gmail Peeper is designed to work with Gmail only
- When I start Gmail Peeper I receive the following message: – In order to run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .Net Framework. You need to download .Net Framework 3.5 in order to use Gmail Peeper and most of the new applications
- Do you spy on my email address or password? – No. The only reason why Gmail Peeper communicates with the server besides Gmail's RSS feed is to check for updates. This can be turned off from options.
- Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- A Google Gmail Account